Earthquake Retrofit including Seismic Retrofit and Soft Story Retrofit is our speciality.
Seismic retrofitting is the modification of existing structures to make them more resistant to seismic activity, ground motion, or soil failure due to earthquakes. With better understanding of seismic demand on structures and with our recent experiences with large earthquakes near urban centers, the need of seismic retrofitting is well acknowledged
What you need to know
Greater Bay Area
Walnut Creek, Lafayette, Orinda, Berkeley, Oakland, Fremont, Moraga, Alamo, San Ramon, Danville, Pleasanton and Surrounding cities
- The greater San Francisco Bay Area has a high likelihood of future damaging earthquakes as it straddles the San Andreas fault system—the major geologic boundary between the North American and Pacific tectonic plates.
- The main trace of the San Andreas fault runs through much of the State of California, including the Santa Cruz Mountains and up the San Francisco Peninsula, before heading offshore at Daly City and returning onshore again at Bolinas and continuing up the Marin and Sonoma County coasts.
- The Calaveras and Hayward faults extend up the east side of the San Francisco Bay. These and several other major faults in the region are part of the San Andreas fault system and can cause damaging earthquakes, like the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake.
- Scientists say there’s a 51 percent chance that the San Francisco region specifically will experience a magnitude-7.0 earthquake within the next 30 years. They also say there’s a 98 percent chance of a magnitude-6.0 quake occurring in the San Francisco area during the next 30 years.
- Soils in lowland areas away from major faults may be subject to liquefaction. Houses on liquefied soil may settle or even move laterally on gentle slopes. Landslides are possible on steep hillsides.
*Source: California Earthquake Authority
East Bay Earthquake Retrofit Company, Subsidiary of Walnut Creek Construction
East Bay Area based general contractor, specializes in offering a professional yet personal approach to Earthquake Retrofit and Seismic Retrofit.
East Bay Earthquake Retrofit Company, Subsidiary of Walnut Creek Construction Company, a general contractor since 2001 has earned a reputation for honesty, integrity, and for satisfying the clientís needs through innovative design, high quality workmanship and the timely completion of projects. Most of our projects under construction at this time are repeat customers or referrals from satisfied home owners. We strive to deliver the product and service the client expects.
Hugh Walpole, the owner of East Bay Earthquake Retrofit Company, Subsidiary of Walnut Creek Construction Company, earned a B.S. in Business Management. After graduation, Hugh held positions of increasing responsibility with major home building firms and commercial construction firms. While at these firms he learned more efficient techniques and methods as well as gaining perspective about what the customer expects in a construction project. In 2001, Hugh founded East Bay Earthquake Retrofit Company, Subsidiary of Walnut Creek Construction Company specializing in Additions, Bath Remodels, Window and Door Replacements, and custom renovations. Today, East Bay Earthquake Retrofit Company, Subsidiary of Walnut Creek Construction Company is known for its professional and yet personal approach to each custom renovation project they build.
Communication, Communication, Communication:
At East Bay Earthquake Retrofit Company, Subsidiary of Walnut Creek Construction Company, we strive to communicate with the client throughout the whole process. We want to sure the client understands the process and is informed and happy with the process. In addition, we strive to be on time and to turn around estimates in a timely fashion.
Preferred Craftsmen and Suppliers:
East Bay Earthquake Retrofit Company, Subsidiary of Walnut Creek Construction Company has developed long term relationships with licensed, professional subcontractors and suppliers. These preferred vendors have consistently demonstrated over a long period of time that they possess the high standards that are necessary to be on the HW Constructions preferred list.
East Bay Earthquake Retrofit Company, Subsidiary of Walnut Creek Construction Company is ready to upgrade your home and enhance your lifestyle. It’s our business to help renovate or remodel your home the easy way by taking the stress out of the project. We believe creating your new space should be an exciting process. Your dreams can become reality
For more information or to schedule in person estimate, give us a call today at (925) 378-2204